006 Planet D on Pitching & Sponsorship:
Megsy puts her hand in a cow. Planet D share the secrets of sponsorship
In the Planet D episode:
The Planet D are on of the largest blogs in Canada and biggest adventure travel blogs in the world. Almost all of the income comes from sponsorship of their blog.
Feature Topics in this episode:
- Why Sponsorship may be all you need to make a full time living from your blog
- Why you must build your brand before trying to get paid.
- How much traffic you need to begin pitching companies for money
- Why your blogging career should not initially be about the money
- How newbies can pitch big corporations
- How Pitching can be more important than numbers
- How to contact the right people and get your pitch read
- How to leverage twitter and linked in to network with the right people
- What to put in your initial pitch email, the follow up and the full pitch.
- How long your initial pitch should be
- How to decide how much money to ask for
WE NEED YOUR FEEDBACK
We love to hear from listeners about how we can improve the show or what you love about it already.
Become part of the $5 Planet
You can submit your own $5 food or fun experiences to our rapidly growing $5 Planet Map.
OR tweet suggestions to @5dollartravel or #5dollarplanet
Weblinks from Planet D Episode
World Nomads Insurance – Specifically designed for digital nomads, flashpackers, adventure & long term Travellers – Get a 5% Discount with our coupon code: WN5DP
Trusted Housesitters.com – Use discount code 5DP to get a 15% discount on membership
Monday Tool: WordPress SEO – YOAST
Expedia Viewfinder – Major sponsors for the Planet D
American Express – Major sponsors for the Planet D
Royal Robbins – Outdoor Clothing specialists – Major sponsors for the Planet D
Cabin Zero Backpacks – Our new Carry on only backpacks!
Interview Guests: Deb & Dave From the Planet D
DISCLAIMER: We are affiliated with TBEX, Trusted Housesitters, World nomads, Lems Shoes, Cabin Zero – all companies we love and support. We are not affiliated with any other of the recommended products on this page. All our opinions, as always, are our own.
WE NEED YOUR FEEDBACK
This podcast is new, so help us out. Please leave your comments below so that we can make changes to future episodes based on your feedback.