Work With Us!
Tommo & Megsy are the couple behind Food Fun Travel.
We have both been working and travelling internationally since 2006. This includes:
- Independent Backpacking (Asia, Australia, Europe, North Africa & Central America)
- Organised Tours & Press Trips (Asia, Australia, Europe)
- Cruise Ship Employees (Europe, Asia, North & South America, Antarctica)
- Cruise Ship Press Trips (Asia, Australia)
- International Musician (tours & residencies: Europe, Asia, Australia)
Website Mission Statement
Food Worth Traveling For.
- Degustation meals. Finding the perfect bite-sized balance between local food and wine, or beer – we’re not picky. We love it all!
- Food Guides. What to eat and where. Gastronomy guides for the virgin traveler, or perhaps someone looking for that new dish they are yet to discover.
- Food tours and cooking classes. Getting your hands dirty and learning how to make these unique international dishes for yourself. Or perhaps touring a country in search of the best of the best of a particular countries cuisine.
- Weird and Wonderful Foods of the World. Not everything looks palatable. We are willing to put our palates and stomachs on the line to try some of the weirder traditional foods out there
⇒ Download: Food Fun Travel Media Kit ⇐
- 25 – 55 year old Couples. Also Male or Female solo travelers
- Those seeking gastronomy focused vacations around the world
- Also with an Interest in Fun and Adventure experiences
- Interest in travel to Asia, Australia, Central America and Europe
- Interest in unique, design/boutique accommodation
Followers on our main focus networks (December 2016)
Total followers across all social media platforms is now 80,000+.
- Twitter: 39,500+
- Pinterest: 15,000+ (Pinterest produces 4 times more revenue per click than twitter and 27% more than Facebook.)
- Instagram: 17,200+
- We also have a niche Instagram account Food Worth Traveling For: 7.7k+ (almost 10% engagement)
- Facebook: 2,179 (we are not very active here)
Please also be inspired by our photography portfolios:
How Can We Work Together?
We are available to review your products and services on our blog.
Our main focus areas for reviews are:
- Boutique/Design and alternative accommodation
- Food activities, trips and excursions
- Fun activities, trips and excursions
- Travel clothes / shoes / equipment / luggage etc.
- Apps and social media tools relevant to the travel/food / wine & beer market
- Travel tech and gadgets. Including Photo/video equipment, tablets and travel laptops.
All reviews are fair, honest and include a disclaimer for reader transparency.
Press trips & Brand Partnerships
We are available to support your brand or cover stories on your behalf if relating to:
- Couples Travel
- Food / Gastronomy / Craft Beer / Wine
- Cruise Travel*
- Unique, non-tourist travel destinations & attractions
- Products/services that fit in the Food Fun Travel niche
We can produce features to be included on our own website or to a third party site.
*Note. We are highly experienced in both Cruise retail/wholesale as well as in cruising.
Both Tommo & Megsy are available for your paid writing assignments relating to:
- Couples travel
- Food Travel / Experiences
- Independent travel
- Backpacker travel
- Blogging income
- Cruise travel/sales
- Working on cruise ships
Here are some examples of our past work:
The Best Local Tasting Experiences Around the World – AMEX Essentials
Heading to Cambodia? Don’t Forget To Pack These 5 Essentials – Eagle Creek Blog
5 Underrated European Countries You Should Visit Now – Yahoo Travel
Guidelines for Advertisers / Sponsored Posts / Advertorials
We will only advertise or link to products and services that we believe to be of a high quality.
If you are emailing us regarding these services, include a link to what you want us to support. We need a chance to evaluate thoroughly any advertising prospect.
Please be specific, provide the following info in your request:
- Type of advertising you are looking for (Sidebar, in-line ad, sponsored post, us to write the post for you, etc.)
- Specific product, service or website you want to be advertised (provide link to more info, or email us more info)
- If possible, a price for the service you require from us.
Please email us at email@example.com for our current services price guide
Guidelines for Guest Posting
We accept guest posts from other bloggers and writers.
If you wish to guest post please include in your email to us:
- A suggestion for one or more headlines that suit the style of the Food Fun Travel website
- A link to one or more articles you have written as a sample
- A link to your blog, if you have one.
(failure to include the above will result in your email being deleted)
We can’t guarantee we can offer to publish all applications, but we do respond to anyone who meets all of the above requirements. Emails without the above info included will not receive a response.
We cannot pay for guest posts but, in return for your content, we will:
- Give you at least one do-follow backlink to your website/blog
- Publicise your post to all of our social media followers and for some guest posts, promote to our email list too.
For more information about PR & Advertising opportunities, you can email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org