Mapping Megan Podcast Episode 001:
Ep.016 Blog = Money. Mapping Megan on sponsored posts
In the Mapping Megan episode:
Want to make cash for posting articles on your blog? Megan Jerrad from MappingMegan.com makes a full time income from writing on her blog. She shares her top tips for finding paid assignments and how much you should charge for your words.
Feature Topics in this episode:
- The importance of making direct contact with readers/listeners
- How to know what to write about to get people loving your content
- How to know if someone likes your pitch, without having to ask them
- What are sponsored posts and how do you make an income from sponsored posts
- How to avoid being google slapped and losing your page rankings.
- How to avoid pissing off readers when publishing lots of sponsored content
- How to choose what sponsored content is right for your site
- Guest posting for exposure
- What are contact swaps and why should you do them
- Getting covered in puffin shit in Iceland
- Pitch to big blogs for paid writing work
- Is it easier to be a freelance writer than it used to be?
- How much should you charge for freelance writing?
- How to know if sponsored posts you get offered are spammy?
- Should you charge more to include a social media campaign with each guest post
- How to find a PR Agent who will get you sponsored post work
- Having a template of prices so you can respond to PR quickly
- How to get the word out that you are accepting guest posts
- How to avoid “Super Hero Syndrome” and free up work time
Quotes:[tweetthis]Make your blog a business and turn writing into a full time career[/tweetthis] [tweetthis]It comes down to you to reach out and make opportunities for yourself[/tweetthis]
WE NEED YOUR FEEDBACK
We love to hear from listeners about how we can improve the show or what you love about it already.
Become part of the $5 Planet
You can submit your own $5 food or fun experiences to our rapidly growing $5 Planet Map.
OR tweet suggestions to @5dollartravel or #5dollarplanet
Weblinks from Mapping Megan Episode
World Nomads Insurance – Specifically designed for digital nomads, flashpackers, adventure & long term Travellers – Get a 5% Discount with our coupon code: FOOD5
Trusted Housesitters.com – Use discount code 5DP to get a 15% discount on membership
MONDAY TOOL: Sidekick by Hubspot
Chris Ducker – the founder and CEO of Virtual Staff Finder and the Live2Sell Group of Companies
Gary Arndt – Everything Everywhere
The Mid Game – PR Network – connect with influencers.
Cision – PR software and services including content marketing, media monitoring, media list building, distribution
The Real Name of Bangkok – “Krung Thep Mahanakhon Amon Rattanakosin Mahinthara Ayuthaya Mahadilok Phop Noppharat Ratchathani Burirom Udomratchaniwet Mahasathan Amon Piman Awatan Sathit Sakkathattiya Witsanukam Prasit.”
“The city of angels, the great city, the residence of the Emerald Buddha, the impregnable city (unlike Ayutthaya) of God Indra, the grand capital of the world endowed with nine precious gems, the happy city, abounding in an enormous Royal Palace that resembles the heavenly abode where reigns the reincarnated god, a city given by Indra and built by Vishnukarn.”
Matt Gibson – Newsletter for finding PR leads and guest post opportunities
DISCLAIMER: We are affiliated with TBEX, Trusted Housesitters, World nomads, Lems Shoes, Cabin Zero – all companies we love and support. We are not affiliated with any other of the recommended products on this page. All our opinions, as always, are our own.
WE NEED YOUR FEEDBACK
This podcast is new, so help us out. Please leave your comments below so that we can make changes to future episodes based on your feedback.