Slow Travel & Hong Kong Podcast Episode 003:
Slow travel the key to discovering travel freedom sooner. We also visit hong kong and learn about crazy superstitions and the cheapest Michelin star restaurant in the world.
WE NEED YOUR FEEDBACK
We love to hear from listeners about how we can improve the show or what you love about it already.
In this Hong Kong podcast episode:
- Feature Topic: Why Slow travel is the key to discovering travel freedom sooner
- Destination Feature Topic: Chinese Superstitions in Hong Kong & The Hong Kong Protests – why they are happening & the reality of life as a protester.
- Interview: Featuring local twitter activist Chris. We talk to Chris about his favourite local things to do in Hong Kong, Food and nightlife.
- $5 Foods: Curry Fish Balls. Hong Kong style szechuan hot pot.
- $5 Fun/Travel: Visit the IFC tower – BYO Beer.
Become part of the $5 Planet
You can submit your own $5 food or fun experiences to our rapidly growing $5 Planet Map.
OR tweet suggestions to @5dollartravel or #5dollarplanet
Web Links From Hong Kong Podcast
Trusted Housesitters.com – Get housesitting and stay around the world for free.
Our interview guest: Chrisderps on Twitter – Live tweets following the Hong Kong Protests.
Sheung Wan – The old style hong kong shopping district.
Soho – The more laid back nightlife area on Hong Kong Island.
Lan Kwai Fong – Party central for Nightlife in hong kong
The IFC Tower – Late night hangout with amazing public seating area and views of Hong Kong harbour. Visit the roof Garden on level 4, 24 hours a day. The mall may look closed but you can still walk through and get up to the garden.
Rode Smartphone recording mic – The mini mic we use to record on the road.
Cabin Zero – Our new carry on only backpacks!
Photos From Hong Kong Podcast
3 Michelin star dim sum:
Curry Fish Balls
Just over US$1 per serving.
Hong Kong Hot Pot:
- Price: 150 HK$ (US$20) + 3 Side Plates (US$11) Serves 5-6 people.
- Location: Food Map. 長來食坊 (Cheung Loi Restaurant). 11 Yu Wing Path,Yuen Long
DISCLAIMER: We are affiliated with TBEX, cabin zero and Trusted Housesitters. We are not affiliated with any other of the recommended products on this page. Our opinions, as always, are our own.
WE NEED YOUR FEEDBACK
This podcast is under development. Please leave your comments below so that we can make changes to future episodes based on your feedback.