This week Meg and Tom start the first episode on important people from Georgia and Georgian History with Ilia Chavchavadze.
If you’ve been to Tbilisi you may have heard his name as it’s associated with one of the biggest avenues in Tbilisi which is of course Ilia Chavchavadze avenue.
- his life, growing up as a prince, but that didn’t save him from a life of heartache.
- why he is such an important figure in Georgian History
- and how his influence has helped shape the Georgia we know today
- Works of Ilia Chavchavadze in English https://dspace.nplg.gov.ge/bitstream/1234/3771/1/Works.pdf
- Eat This! Tours – visit the Chavchavadze Estate (not Ilia’s but a nice place to visit)