We have both been working and traveling internationally since 2006. This includes:
- Independent Travel / Digital Nomad (Asia, Australia, Europe, North Africa & Central America)
- Organised Tours & Press Trips (Asia, Australia, Europe & Mexico)
- Cruise Ship Employees (Europe, Asia, North & South America, Antarctica)
- Cruise Ship Press Trips (Asia, Europe, Australia)
- International Musician/Vocalist (tours & residencies: Europe, Asia, Australia)
FULL MEDIA KIT
⇒ Download: Food Fun Travel Media Kit ⇐ (OCT 2018)
(For recent social/SEO stats and links to example articles, photography, social media etc. see below)
Website Mission Statement
Food Worth Traveling For.
We seek out food worth traveling for – and inspire others through photography and storytelling to travel to destinations to really experience the authentic food and culture from the source.
- Food Destination Guides. What to eat and where. Gastronomy guides for the virgin traveler, or perhaps someone looking for that new dish they are yet to discover.
- Food tours, cooking classes & activities. Getting your hands dirty and learning how to make these unique international dishes for yourself. Or perhaps touring a country in search of the best of the best of a particular countries cuisine.
- Degustation meals. Finding the perfect bite-sized balance between local food and wine, or beer – we’re not picky. We love it all!
- Weird and Wonderful Foods of the World. Not everything looks palatable. We are willing to put our palates and stomachs on the line to try some of the weirder traditional foods out there
- Fun vacation activities (Because we can’t eat all day, sadly) – Scuba diving, sail trips & water sports, adventure activities (ATV, 4X4, paragliding, skydiving, zip lining), and more!
- Boutique / design / foodie focused accommodation – Hotels with amazing restaurants and/or unique design.
- 25 – 55 year old Couples. Also Male or Female solo travelers
- Those seeking gastronomy focused vacations around the world
- Also with an Interest in Fun and Adventure Experiences
- Interest in travel to Asia, Australia, Central America and Europe
- Interest in unique, design/boutique accommodation
Social media – 118k+ Followers
Followers on our main focus networks (Oct 2019)
- Twitter: 47,900+
- Pinterest: 29.6k+ Followers, 143.9k views/month (Pinterest produces 4 times more revenue per click than Twitter and 27% more than Facebook.)
- Instagram: 44k+ Followers We have 2 accounts one food and travel Food Fun Travel.Rocks – 26.4k+ Followers. We also have a niche Instagram account dedicated only to food – Food Worth Traveling For 17.4k+ Followers
- Facebook: 3,977 Followers
- Facebook Group: Food Worth Traveling For 696 food obsessed members and growing
Contact us for our latest google analytics information – firstname.lastname@example.org
Please also be inspired by our photography portfolios:
How Can We Work Together?
Primary Services Summary:
Promotion / Marketing for your destination, brand or product through:
Our primary goal is QUALITY content. Well researched, comprehensive, authentic (because we actually visit the destination in person) and most of all, of practical use to readers. We help readers to more easily find answers to their travel questions, like…
What destination should I visit this year?
Where should I stay?
What should I eat & where should I eat?
What should I see & do?
Press trips, Destination Promotion & Brand Partnerships
We are available to support your brand or DMO create content & social campaigns.
Our Top Focus:
Comprehensive, SEO (Google Ranking) Destination Foodie Guides Promoting Regional Cuisine, Food Tourism & Foodie Experiences
Food Tourism / Gastronomy / Craft Beer / Wine etc. – In depth guides to promote the gastronomy of a region.
Example Content, Produced For “Experience Romania” Tourism Company: 57 Romanian Dishes & Delicacies
Example Content, Produced For Emilia Romagna Tourism Department: 37 Things To Eat in Bologna
Example Content, Promoting Food In Bangkok: Where & What To Eat In Bangkok
The above screenshot also shows how we made some tweaks and updates after 12 months which caused a bump up in google stats. With yearly updates, articles can continue to rank on page 1 indefinitely.
Our Additional Content Focus Areas:
Our readers may choose a destination based on the food… But once there, they still need somewhere to stay and things to do while they are not eating! Our goal is to use SEO to get our articles in front of people who are searching for ideas on where to stay and what to do while on vacation.
By being a top resource for relevant target keywords, our readers use our guides to make decisions about which accommodation and activities to choose.
Written Destination Guides
Our more general destination guides offer a roundup of top food, activities and accommodation options in a specific city or region.
For destinations willing to sponsor us for longer stays (10 to 30 days or more) we can create guide book level content which can include interactive maps, extensive photography, comprehensive destination info and a whole portfolio of photography you can use for your own destination promotion.
Example Content: 18,000 word online guide to Merida, Mexico
Destinations sponsoring us for shorter visits (2 to 9 days), allow us to produce simpler guides highlighting some local activities, restaurants and foods which the destination is currently looking to promote.
Example Content: 2,500 Words, Things To Do In Bucharest, Romania.
Reviews of Products / Tours / Services and more
We are available to review your products and services on our blog.
Authentic reviews with our own on location photography and SEO optimization of reviews.
Our main focus areas for reviews are:
- Boutique/Design and alternative accommodation (Example: 10 Best Haciendas For Luxury Stays In The Yucatan)
- Couples Travel / Romantic Getaways / Resorts (Example, Palace Resorts Cancun Review)
- Travel clothes / shoes / equipment / luggage etc. (Example: Osprey Backpack Review)
- Gastronomy activities, trips, and excursions (Example: Visit the 2 biggest Wine Tunnels in The World: Moldova Wine Tours)
- Fun activities, trips, and excursions (Example: 5 Unmissable Fun Experiences in Ubud, Bali)
- Restaurants (Example: Salis Restaurant, Crete)
- Cruise Travel* (Example: Celebrity Cruise Excursions)
- Apps and social media tools relevant to the travel/food/wine & beer market
- Travel tech and gadgets. Including Photo/video equipment, tablets, and travel laptops.
All reviews are fair, honest and include a disclaimer for reader transparency.
*Note. We are highly experienced in both Cruise retail/wholesale as well as in cruising.
Freelance writing & Photography
Both Tommo & Megsy are available for your paid writing assignments relating to:
- Food Travel / Experiences
- Couples travel / Romantic Travel
- Resorts & Luxury Travel
- Independent travel
- Backpacker travel
- Blogging income
- Cruise travel/sales
- Working on cruise ships
Here are some examples of our past work – Published on other websites:
30 Cheapest Destinations For 2017 – Forbes (Contribution for Crete, Georgia, Indonesia)
The Best Local Tasting Experiences Around the World – AMEX Essentials
Heading to Cambodia? Don’t Forget To Pack These 5 Essentials – Eagle Creek Blog
5 Underrated European Countries You Should Visit Now – Yahoo Travel
Guidelines for Advertisers / Sponsored Posts / Advertorials
We will only advertise or link to products and services that we believe to be of a high quality.
If you are emailing us regarding these services include a link to what you want us to support. We need a chance to evaluate thoroughly any advertising prospect.
Please be specific, provide the following info in your request:
- Type of advertising you are looking for (Sidebar, in-line ad, sponsored post, us to write the post for you, etc.)
- Specific product, service or website you want to be advertised (provide link to more info, or email us more info)
- If possible, a price for the service you require from us.
Please email us at email@example.com for our current services price guide
Guidelines for Guest Posting – We are no longer accepting guest posts
We accept guest posts from other bloggers and writers.
If you wish to guest post please include in your email to us:
- A suggestion for one or more headlines that suit the style of the Food Fun Travel website. We are pretty strict with what we accept so make sure your suggestions fit within our personal style of articles.
- A link to one or more articles you have written as a sample
- A link to your blog, if you have one. Or where you intend to have your post linking to.
(failure to include the above will result in your email being deleted)
We can’t guarantee we can offer to publish all applications, but we do respond to anyone who meets all of the above requirements. Emails without the above info included will not receive a response.
We cannot pay for guest posts but, in return for your content, we will:
- Give you at least one do-follow backlink to your website/blog
- Publicise your post to all of our social media followers and for some guest posts, promote to our email list too.
For more information about PR & Advertising opportunities, you can email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org